Yummy Whipped Potatos (V/GF)
Because who doesn't like ultra tasty mashed potatos ... done healthy style!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 medium to large Potatoes (I like yellow or red skinned)
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Optional: 2 tbsp of Vegan Butter
- Scrub the potatoes well under warm running water. Leave the skins on.
- Cut into squares about ½ inch, or smaller. You should have about 4 cups of cut-up potatoes.
- Place potatoes into a large pot, cover with water, plus1 inch, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the potatoes begin to boil, reduce the heat to about medium high--but make sure the potatoes continue to boil slowly. Stir occasionally and leave uncovered.
- Boil for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and drain, and then place potatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add in garlic powder and broth. And butter if desired.
- Using a hand-mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Potatoes should be a “whipped” consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Be careful not to add too much salt, as the broth may be salty.