Crock Pot Potato Leak Soup (GF/DF/V)
This easy to make, set it and forget it meal is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. I recommend using organic ingredients when possible
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 medium leek washed well and sliced
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- black pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- chopped fresh parsley optional (for garnish)
- Add the potatoes, leeks, onion, sea salt, thyme, parsley, pepper and broth to your slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine, add the lid and turn the slow cooker to the 'high' setting.
- Cook on high for about 6 hours.
- After 6 hours have passed, whisk together the milk and flour until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Turn the slow cooker to 'low' and add the milk and flour mixture to the slow cooker, stirring well to combine.
- Replace the lid and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve!