Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies (DF/GF)
These thick, soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are dairy free and gluten free and can easy be made vegan as well! The perfect bakery style treat that is super easy to make!
Prep Time: 13 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approx. 20 cookies
*I recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible*
- 1 cup GF oats
- 1 cup GF flour ( I used brown rice)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup sugar (I used dark brown)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs or to make this vegan you can do a flax egg substitute! (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Optional Add In’s:
- ¾ cup chocolate chips of choice (be sure to use dairy free dark chocolate if you want to make this a vegan recipe)
- ½ cup of nuts of choice or raisins
- Set oven to preheat at 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, combine and mix all the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, combine and mix all wet ingredients. Combine both the wet and dry ingredients mix thoroughly. You may use a hand mixer if you have one on hand. Now you can add in the chocolate chips/nuts if you are including them. Mix again.
- Spoon the dough into 2 inch balls and then use a fork to flatten. (They will not flatten/expand while baking).
- Bake approximately 12 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden on the edges when done. Let cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container. Will keep up to 1 week in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.
Hope you enjoy these cookies! Let me know how yours turn out and what variations you try!