Banana Bread Muffins (DF/GF)
These dense and delicious muffins are packed with nutrients and are dairy free and gluten free. They can easily be made gluten as well! A great snack that is quick to make and everyone will love!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: Approx. 8 muffins
I recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 1/4 cup natural nut butter (I like to use almond or peanut butter)
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour ( I like to use brown rice, almond or coconut flour)
- 1 egg OR flax seed substitute to make this vegan (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked together, set for 15 min)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt (I like pink Himalayan)
Optional Add In’s:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice (be sure to use dairy free dark chocolate if you want to make this a vegan recipe)
- 1/4 cup of nuts of choice or raisins
- Set oven to preheat at 375 F. Lightly spray muffin pan.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix. If you like chunky muffins, mix by hand. If you want a creamier consistency, use a electric hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes. Insert toothpick to ensure it’s done. (Batter should not stick to the toothpick).
- Allow to cool fully. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.
Hope you enjoy these muffins! Let us know how yours turn out and what variations you try! Be sure to subscribe to the Sacred SHE Sisterhood email blast to receive new recipes as they are released!