Black Bean Veggie Burgers! (V/GF/DF)
Enjoy these burgers on their own or on a bun, lettuce bun or with a salad!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 burgers
(Use Organic whenever possible)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 Flax Egg (mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seed with 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes)
- 1 /2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup of GF Bread Crumbs (I use rice crumbs or oat flour)
- 1 yellow onion
- Drain the beans
- Mash the beans in a large bowl or put them through a food processer (some small chunks are okay)
- Make your flax eggs and let sit for 10 minutes
- Mix the beans and flax egg together.
- Add in all other ingredients minus the bread crumbs and mix.
- Slowly mix in the bread crumbs
- Form into 4 good sized patties.
- Cook on large skillet over medium heat, flipping to ensure it browns on both sides. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes.